75 crochet rose patterns to inspire
In different shapes and colors, crochet roses give a more beautiful, colorful and charming touch to any piece. Get inspired with ideas:
1. The crochet rose can compose several works
2. Like carpets
4. Amigurumi details
5. Or napkin rings
6. Replace natural roses with crochet roses!
7. The flower makes any item more beautiful
8. Much more charming
9. And of course, much more interesting
10. And delicate, just like roses!
11. Make a beautiful crochet rose for application
12. And make your craft more amazing
13. And well designed
14. Make multiple colors
15. Bet on the classic red tone
16. Or use bicolor lines
17. Include sheets too
18. How about making loops?
19. Or a bouquet with crochet roses?
20. Spice up any part
21. And use creativity with colors
22. Like pink
24. Or lilac
25. The important thing is to match the piece to be applied
26. And the decoration of the space!
27. In addition to doing it for yourself
28. These pieces are great for gifting friends
29. And family members
30. But you can also sell
31. And earn extra income at the end of the month
32. Therefore, make sure your composition is perfect!
33. Use only good quality materials
34. For flawless results!
35. Beautiful crochet rose to decorate the napkin
36. You can do it in small sizes
37. Or a large crochet rose
38. The choice will depend on the purpose of the flower
39. Versatile, it is possible to make several items
40. As a bookmark
41. Or key chains
42. Explore your creativity
43. And let your imagination flow!
44. Decorating baskets
45. Or decorative boxes
46. Pure delicacy!
47. A wonderful bouquet
48. You can create a simple crochet rose
49. It’s easier to do
50. Or you can make a more elaborate one
51. And with incredible details
52. To do this, just practice the techniques
53. Place a gemstone or pearl in the center
54. To enhance the flower arrangement!
55. Small and beautiful crochet earrings
56. Crochet crochet roses are very delicate
57. Give your necklaces a new look
58. And bags!
59. To make roses, few materials are needed
60. Delight with the beauty of this flower
61. Create flawless arrangements
62. And decorate your home with grace
63. Create colorful compositions
64. And authentic!
65. Fancy table decoration
66. To surprise your guests
67. Add more color to the kitchen
68. For the bathroom
69. And to the living room too!
70. Perfect for a beautiful table set
71. You can create more open roses
72. Or more closed
73. Beautiful gift keyrings
74. Or delicate party favors
75. Details make all the difference, don’t they?
Now that you’ve been inspired by so many ideas, how about learning how to make your crochet roses at home to create different pieces? See below!
Materials to make rose:
– red, white, or pink worsted weight (size 4) acrylic yarn
– a size I or H crochet hook
– tapestry needle
Materials to assemble:
– 18 gauge floral wire
– dark green floral tape
– faux leaves from fake flower branch
– green chenille stick
Stitches and abbreviations to know:
– single crochet (sc)
– chain (ch)
– double crochet (dc)
– skip (sk)
– 5 double crochet shell stitch (shell stitch)
Once you have gathered all your materials, you are ready to begin!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: First Row –
For the first row, you are going to make a slip knot and chain 40. (ch 40) You can make a bigger or smaller rose by changing this length, but I found 40 to be large enough. Not only that, you would have to make sure that the chain amount is a multiple that works with the next rows.
Step 2: Second Row –
For the second row, we are creating a base that will allow the petals in the third row to sit properly once assembled.
(dc, ch 1, sk 1 ch, dc, ch 1) repeat until stitch before last.
In other words, you are creating V stitches separated by a missed stitch. The extra chains between double crochets allow the rose to begin curling and will be easier to roll up later into the finished rose. If you ever mess up, it’s okay, nobody will see. You will just have to change the end to have one more or one less V stitch.
Step 3: Third Row –
The last row is the most time consuming, but in no way difficult. You will be creating a number of shell stitches which will model the beautiful petals you would find on a real rose.
(slst, 5 dc shell stitch) repeat until stitch before last.
FO leaving 20 inches or so to sew and complete.
Step 4: Sewing the Rose Together
Now you will begin to roll the rose up. I find it easier to work from the back side of the row or chains, rolling it up so that they align. Once the entire rose has been rolled up, you will need to use a tapestry needle to sew all the chains together. This ensures that the rose will not unravel. It is a good idea to make a double knot when you are finished and pull the end through and cut off a 5-inch tail. I show the entire process in video form in the next step, so you can see more clearly the process of sewing the rose together.
Step 5: Assembly
To finish your crocheted rose you will need to use a stiff enough floral wire and green floral tape to create the beautiful green stem. The 18-gauge wire is formed into a hook and secured into the base of the flower tightly. You will then use the tape to hold down the ends that were created from crocheting the rose. After most of the ends are hidden you will use the tape to attach the faux floral leaves. If you want you could also crochet these leaves instead. However, I found this option less time-consuming with what little time I had. Wrapping above and below the leaves gives it more stability to stay on the stem. Continue wrapping until you reach the of the wire and cut off the extra. We found that using large green chenille sticks was a great way to stabilize the transition from the stem to the flower.
That’s it! You’re done. Give the rose to your loved one, your amazing teacher, your mother, or make a bunch to display year-round in a vase.
Crochet rose step by step
Check out step by step videos that will show you and explain how to make your crochet rose. Grab needles, scissors and a ball of thread and start practicing!
Easy crochet rose
To start, check out this easy crochet rose step by step that will teach you how to make this beautiful flower in a very practical way. The tutorial is ideal for those who are starting in the amazing world of crochet!
Simple crochet rose
This tutorial will explain how to make roses with a very simple craft technique and then apply to other pieces. In addition to the classic red color, do it with other colors too!
Rolled crochet rose
This other video has a more complex step by step, but the effort will be worth it! The curled rose, or bouquet rose as this technique is also called, gives a beautiful effect and very similar to the delicate appearance of the flower.
Crochet rose bud for application
Do you know that dull bath towel or table? How about giving her a new and more charming look? Check out the video on how to make a delicate crochet rose bud to apply to your pieces and make them even more beautiful!
Large crochet rose
Check out the step by step how to make a beautiful big rose to apply on rugs, runners or tablecloths. In addition to the flower, the tutorial will also show you how to make the leaves to enhance the piece with perfection!
Small crochet rose
Now that you’ve seen how to make a big rose, here’s how to make a cute little rose to decorate towels, caps and barrettes. Didn’t these little flowers love you?
Crochet rose bud
Replace natural roses with crochet roses to decorate your home! The video will show you how to make your crochet flowers without mystery! The piece is also a great tip for giving gifts to those you love or sell!
Crochet roses are details that will make your piece even more beautiful. Enjoy and also discover how to make other types of crochet flower , such as daisies and sunflowers. Select the ideas you like best and start making your own handmade garden!