If there’s one perfect moment to update your home, it’s at the start of a new decade. After 10 years of the same old, same old, now is the time to roll on one of the top paint colors, refresh the heart of your home with one of our favorite kitchen ideas, or simply add a new piece of art to your gallery wall. And if you want to make a serious statement this year, then try incorporating one of the hottest home decor trends of 2020.
To find the home ideas that are about to be everywhere, we went straight to our favorite interior design pros. From navy paint and floral wallpaper to colored cabinets and free-standing tubs, these are the 2020 home decor trends that experts can’t wait to see. Whether you love trends or will typically go to great lengths to avoid them, there are bound to be a few ideas on our list that you’ll adore (and will continue to adore into the next decade).
It is not new that the size of the properties are getting smaller and smaller. Although the trend is worldwide, only in Brazil does it notice an average decrease of 30 to 60 m² in houses and apartments built from scratch.
In this scenario, it is the task of residents and professionals in the area to find solutions that make a small comfortable environment.
For you who also have the challenge of decorating a small room (whether it is a house or an apartment), here is the complete guide of what you need to know to get yours off the ground!
Decoration trends for 2020 have already been dictated by designers and the public. Below, you can see the fashion ideas that should end up being inspiration for the decoration of many rooms this year:
HOW TO DECORATE A ROOM? TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR PROJECT IN 2020
Decorating a living room needs to first match the available size of the room with the style and budget available. Much of the trends for the year 2020 in the field of architecture and interior design adopts some decoration measures that help to overcome the challenges and conquer a cheap decoration project.
Below, follow the step by step that you must follow to apply the decoration project in your home:
- Think about furniture layout
- Before buying new furniture, consider renovating the ones you already own
- Define the style that will be your decor: modern, minimalist, rustic ..
- Make basic changes: painting walls, furniture layout, necessary renovations
- Include the decorative objects always respecting the composition of colors
- Pay attention to lighting and invest in differentiated lamps, lamps and others if necessary;
- Finish your decor with the inclusion of plants that adorn the environment.
HOW TO DECORATE A SMALL ROOM
Decorating a small saddle is a challenge for any architect, let alone ordinary people who prefer to do the house decoration project on their own risk.
At these times, respecting some tricks and steps can be decisive so that this home environment is as you dreamed!
Follow the step by step, below, and you will not find any great difficulties in decorating a small room:
- Separate the essential furniture: television, hack, table, sofa … what is a mandatory item in this space?
- Locate where each piece of furniture will be: this task will give you a better idea of how much space you still have with everything in its place. Horizontal crisscross furniture is perfect;
- Prefer multipurpose furniture: for those who do not have the furniture, it is worth investing in multipurpose options such as sofa beds, tables with built-in chairs and televisions that hide in the panel;
- Prefer built- in furniture : in small accommodations they tend to save space;
- Bet on high shelves: this will give space for decorative items and items that could end up being left out of the environment due to the lack of place to place;
- Choose mirrors: it is almost essential when decorating small spaces to use small or large mirrors to help give the feeling of magnification to the environment. Find where you can fit one in the space you have available. Horizontal mirrors are perfect;
- If you want color, keep a wall contrasting with the others. this architectural technique helps to enlarge the environment and make the background elements gain more visibility, which in this case, may be the hack with television. Having a neutral colored wall for those who have a small room is almost mandatory. Another option is to paint all the colors of the environment in light tones, preferably white, beige or ice.Understand better in the images, below:-