These DIY headboard ideas and plans are certainly super stunning, and you’re going to adore them! As the New Year is just around the corner, which means that it’s the perfect time to let go of the old energy and change up your home decor! So what’s the place you spend the most time in? Your bedroom! Why not start off by changing up the energy and vibe in there?
As your headboard plays a huge role in the overall style of your room! So, if you’re looking for some stylish, fun, and creative ideas – definitely take a look at these 30 amazing DIY headboard ideas! However, beginners might feel intimidated by these plans, but these headboards are actually super easy to re-create as long as you follow the instructions!
Create beautiful color contrasts in the modern sleeping area through the bed headboard
The beautiful bed head is a kind of decoration in the bedroom
The headboard is the most important decorative element in the sleeping area. Still called Betthaupt, this is an indispensable design element, which gives the bedroom an individual charisma. Because the headboard makes the bed unique. The headboard not only protects the head from the cold wall, but also has a highly pronounced decorative or functional use.
Depending on the sense of space and the purpose, the bedheads come in a wide variety of designs. Either you can give the sleeping area a vintage touch through the bed headboard or even a rustic one through a wooden bed head. In both cases, you will achieve wonderful decorative effects! If you want to bring some dynamism to the interior design, then choose a bed headboard that contrasts with the wall color. The successful color contrast is guaranteed!
The headboard gives the sleeping area its own charisma
The bed frame can appear very different thanks to the headboard. Fabric and shape of the bed head can be selected according to the furnishings and your own preferences, even you can make the bed head yourself. Stickers, pallets, shutters and even wallpaper take on the role of a bed headboard. Even if you want to refresh the old bed head, it is very easy, because you can either paint or paint it and give it a completely new look.
The possibilities to design a bed headboard are numerous. The pronounced headboard, for example, makes a beautiful impression and is a wonderful eye-catcher in the sleeping area. With a fancy headboard, you bring the bed to the foreground. So a bed with a padded headboard does not go unnoticed! This quilted headboard makes it possible to lean comfortably and read a book or watch TV. A few back cushions then provide additional comfort.
A headboard with storage space is wonderful even for a small bedroom, where the storage space is significantly limited.
A beautifully headboard designed bedroom can be recognized at first glance! The bed headboard contributes significantly to the entire bedroom look. Because the space behind the bed has to be visually upgraded somehow!
The best way to do this is to consider a suitable bed headboard. Without a headboard, the wall behind the bed somehow seems empty and that makes the sleeping area look unfinished. You would have to edit them! That’s why today we give you 20+ bedroom ideas for bed headboard and hope you get inspired by it!
DIY Wood Headboard
The mid-century modern DIY wood headboard is an easy-to-follow project for you to work on. Why buy an expensive king headboard while you can DIY your own? Yes, you can make it a lot better, cheaper, so customize it according to your need, and in any color you desire! Also, it will go with your modern room decor perfectly.
- Support pieces
- (1) – 1″ x 6″ x 8′ board
- (2) – 1″ x 2″ x 8′ boards
- (1) – 1″ x 2″ x 8″ board
- (2) – 1/4″ x 2′ x 4′ pieces of oak plywood
- Boards for the mosaic area – (5) 1″ x 4″ x 8′ boards
- (3) – 2 ½” x ¼” x 24” pieces of the finished oak
- Miter saw
- table saw
- belt sander
- router with bits
- wood glue
- wood screws
- measuring tape
- Firstly, start by making a support piece for the back
- After that, cut plywood that you will glue within the frame as your backer
- Wood pieces are also cut and glued to make the front mosaic for the headboard.
Triangle Wooden Headboard
See what we mean by simple? This unique headboard requires only a few pieces of work but definitely makes a statement. We also like the vine that has been growing up the edges!
DIY bed headboard with lights
This adorable DIY headboard with lights is perfect for you if you are looking to give your room a dreamy look. It will certainly compliment your room decor fabulously and will make it come to life. Also, this DIY project is very time efficient and requires only 6-8 fun-filled hours, leaving you with a whimsical, unique, and creative headboard.
- (3) – 6 foot 1×10″ alder boards for the front
- (1) – 6 foot 1×4″ alder boards for the top
- (2) – 5 foot 1×4″ alder boards for sides
- (2) – 29.25x1x6″ alder boards for legs
- (6) – 1 foot 2×4″ any type of wood
- 2″ screws
- polyurethane or stain
- black paint
- 1 light switch/outlet and faceplate
- 3-5 strands of white Christmas lights
- 1 extension cord
- 2 carriage bolts
- How to build a headboard? Start by lining up your 1×10″ boards and brace the back with the 2×4’s to hold them together.
- Screw both sides of the headboard onto the assembled front.
- Then screw the 6 foot 1×4″ board on top of the frame.
- Attach 1/4 inch 1×6″ boards to the front of the legs.
- Once done, now stain the headboard or seal it with polyurethane.
- Trace the word(s) you want on your headboard by using a projector.
- Drill evenly spaced holes around the circumference of your word
- Paint the wood with black paint.
- Once the paint is dry, press the lights through each hole and use tape to fix them in place.
- Use the extension cord to attach the headstand to the wall or install the light switch.
- Lastly, with the help of carriage bolts, attach the headboard to the bed frame.
Angled Slat Headboard
Take an angled twist on a classic slate headboard with this easy DIY by Vintage Revivals. The headboard materials cost only $40 and with one hour of work time, that’s a project with a high return on investment!
This DIY King Headboard plan will certainly add all the vibes to your room! It will give it a vintage yet, mature look that will definitely go perfectly with your modern room decor and compliment the overall look uniquely. Most importantly, it is an easy, budget-friendly home project to work on, which will be finished in the time of an hour or so.
- 3 25” decorative wall square panels
- sheetrock screw anchors
- painters’ tape
- measuring tape
- drill bit
- stain or paint
- Make marks between the squares on the hangers of the wall panels where the screws will hang using the tape.
- Place a vertical tape at the center of the bed where the headboard will be centered to use as a guide.
- Use a level to ensure the height of the panel where it should hang on the wall and place tape.
- Drill holes in the wall where you marked on the tape
- Now hang the first panel on the screws
- Repeat the same steps as mentioned above for the rest of the panels
- Also, make sure to line the panels right next to each other.
- Slightly nudge the panels to make them perfectly level to one another.
- Lastly, stain your panels if you wish to and let dry before proceeding with any other work.
Floor to Ceiling Headboard
With floor-to-ceiling slates, this headboard adds an architectural element to the bedroom while also creating the appearance of higher ceilings. We also love the simplicity of the headboard lights that are attached.
for ceiling design: 50+ Stunning Wood Ceiling Design Ideas To Spice Up Your Living Room
For the bookworm, this headboard uses old books and simple plywood to create a one-of-a-kind piece for your bedroom. It will also remind you to put away your phone and instead pick up a novel before bedtime.
Minimalist Plywood Shelf Headboard
Simplicity has certainly its own attraction! Although the minimalist plywood shelf headboard is simplistic, it comes with a modern and unique touch, which definitely makes it stand out amidst a plethora of lush and ornamented headboards. Also, these simple and unique headboard ideas rely on natural wood to give an industrial design look.
- 4’x8′ plywood board
- 3/4″ thick plywood board
- Power saw
- Structural wood screws
- Power drill
- Just use a smaller piece of plywood and measure the size of the shelves.
- By using the power saw, cut the pieces.
- Now, think of this step as a map-making one. Start by measuring 3 holes at equal distances.
- Also, use these measurements for larger plywood pieces.
- Finalize placement of your shelves by considering the position of the bed position and height!
- Now, use structural wood screws for attaching the shelves, through the holes in the board and into the length of the shelves.
- Finally, make sure that all of your screws are absolutely tight and in the right place. Now, prop your headboard up against the wall, and enjoy your new set up!
DIY Cane Headboard IKEA Hack
Are you into the latest bohemian and beachy vibes? Well, then here is the perfect Ikea back headboard for you! It has a very modern and minimalistic feel to it. The best part is that you can absolutely almost choose any neutral color to match it perfectly to your furniture. Furthermore, this is a very affordable plan in comparison to the big cane headboards found on the market.
- Cane webbing
- Ikea avar panel
- staple gun
- hanging plates
- hand saw
- measuring square
- and scissors
- Start off by removing the end of the legs from the Ivar – like side has to longer, so don’t cut both ends – use a pencil to cut off 2 1/4 inches off.
- Use a handsaw to cut the line.
- Now attach the cane webbing into the crossbars using a staple gun!
- Firstly staple the ends and then staple the middle part as it will prevent any folds.
- Shake along with the sidebars and tuck any extra webbing to make it look nice and level.
- Also, cut off the excess cane webbing by using scissors.
- Now, screw the hanging plates into the back ends of the headboard and just drill the headboard into the wall.